Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Spontaneous Combustion

If you look at the comments of my first blog post. You see a comment, all by itself in the void of my blog. A comment left by some strange man named Joseph Cater. He had a question, a thought, that had been in his mind since he was but a lad. The question was, "Does Dig Dug shove his hose into the enemy's anal cavity?" Today we will not review and look back on this game.




He seems to throw his hose into the enemy's rump and then proceeds to pump air into the enemy. Resulting in the enemy's stomach exploding into a gory death. Obviously, they can't even show that nor program it into the game. But that's the idea what gamers get when they see the enemy's explode into nothing. Dig Dug can also use the rocks to crush his enemy's to their death. There is just no end to his tyranny, squashing them or imploding them. It seems that he either shoots his hose into the enemy's stomach or into their butt. I have played Dig Dug before, and it is an amazing game. One of my favorite in the retro games of all time. When I read the comment that strange fellow left, I also had the same question. When I was young, the same thought had plagued my mind.



As you can see in this poster, it even shows Dig Dug shoving his hose into the Pooka (The little red guy in the pic) Dig Dug is also seen walking sideways onto some of the paths he made? Yes, it is a game they didn't put much thought into the base concept. He is some sort of exterminator that kills the enemies before they escape to above and do whatever. He has to exterminate some creatures that dwell underground, a little red man and a dragon. The dragon enemies are called Fygars, which spew fire at him. The Pookas are like these little things that don't do anything, except walk around and try to hit Dig Dug. When Dig Dug isn't nearby any enemy, they will somehow faze or change into some ghost. Either the enemy can use some magic or some ability that they already have. This ain't the wackiest concept for an arcade game. In Galaga, you're some ship in space shooting insects in space, as if that wasn't crazy. Anything that can be crazy and good back then was a good idea. They made a lot of money off of this didn't they? Anyways, does Dig Dug shove his hose into the enemy's anal cavity? The answer that I have concluded to is yes because all the evidence leads up to it. To be more exact he only shoves it into their butt when he faces their behind. From the gameplay and the photos, it all leads to that answer for whatever purpose it serves it gets the job done. This post was suggested by my buddy Joseph, I suggest you check out his blog that's about music, movies, and his best boy Johnny Depp. This is Ricky telling you gamers to rise and Dig Dug does implode his enemies. Good day my chaps!

4 comments:

  1. Ricky, I swear to god if you do not fix my last name I will... do something maybe

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is quality content. Joseph Cater, the one and only, is a mysterious man, and I am glad to know someone is doing the fine work of investigating his no-good tendencies.

    ReplyDelete